Pffgh what an irritating day >:( Everything went smoothly for about the first half-hour or so at work, and then one person had an urgent situation and suddenly EVERYONE NEEDED SOMETHING LOL I AM NOT AMUSEDDDDDD >_________< PLUS EARLY PAY PERIOD CLOSEOUT AND NEEDING TO DO LIKE 50 THINGS IN THE SPACE OF SEEMINGLY TWO HOURS BEFORE RUSHING OFF TO GET A NEEDLE STUCK IN MY ARM MADE ME A MAD PANDA
Rationally I've always known that in this business when it rains it pours, but it's such an annoying principle to have to deal with in reality--I could swear everybody in the division has some kind of Busy Admin antenna that goes up whenever I'm, you know, actually busy, because I am not kidding when I say that EVERYONE suddenly needed something, like three people lined up at my desk while I was still busy trying to help the first AND THEN MORE KEPT SHOWING UP...wtf, Thursdays are supposed to be peaceful x( oh and also the phone kept ringing every time I tried to leave my desk and ringing phones annoy me. (Why am I an admin? I have no idea.) And then after like 2.5 straight hours of madness (while the other admin naturally was running late, probably stuck in traffic) things finally settled down somewhat and I managed to deliver everything I had done on my way out the door to the doctor's office, and I also managed not to get stuck in traffic which would not have been good given my rising blood pressure situation, although I did manage to go to the wrong floor initially when I got there because I'm a genius. The lady at the front had trouble finding my appointment and I was so afraid that she was going to tell me that they're not actually open on Columbus Day and that the website fucked up when I was making the damn appointment or that my card was expired, but luckily neither of these things happened, and the lady who was doing my blood work was very nice, but damn after so much vein-tapping and fiddling around waiting for my stupid vein to show up it finally got to the point where I was thinking GODDAMMIT LADY JUST STICK ME ALREADY AND BE DONE WITH IT</CAPSLOCK> I totally blame the vein for this because it was the one that didn't wanna show up lol x( On the way back to the office some dumbass van across the way from me cut in front of someone in their left lane and then turned left right in front of me while I was trying to go straight, which forced me to do a full screeching halt, and then of course I had to honk and flip them off. I literally had to, at that point what with their idiotic move and general dumbassery I felt like it was practically a civic duty. And I feel kinda bad for pointing this out/noticing this (pfftlolwaitnoIdon't), but DUDE THEY WERE ASIAN LOLOLLLLLLL WHY CAN'T WE DRIVE LOL. And after all that I went back to work and finished off a few more things and then managed to get the time printed out, and of course then the office went Graveyard Mode on me and everyone's Busy Admin antenna went down and nothing happened for about a solid two to three hours because since nobody had an emergency NOBODY NEEDED ANYTHING ANYMORE. Figures. So I spent most of the rest of the time playing Solitaire and writing crackfic, and then messing up about a bazillion times on the rest of the work that came my way, which fortunately wasn't much.
I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday :(
Firefox crashes 2011: 93
Books read 2011: 0
No comments:
Post a Comment